What Is the Ford Escape Towing Capacity?
The classification of the 2019 Ford Escape as a compact SUV can be deceiving. Most Beaverton drivers might not expect its spacious interior or powerful performance, and especially not the Ford Escape towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. Discover how much the new Escape can tow, as well as the other benefits this compact SUV offers, with this Ford towing guide from Dick's Mackenzie Ford.
Ford Escape Tow Rating
The amount that Aloha drivers can expect to tow depends on which Ford Escape engine they select.
- Minimum Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds with a 2.5L Duratec 4-cylinder engine rated at 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds hauled by a 2.0L EcoBoost® engine rated at 245 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque
Ford Escape Tow Features
To achieve the maximum tow rating, you will have to equip your Escape with the Class II Trailer Tow Package, which includes trailer sway control technology and an auxiliary transmission oil cooler. More controlled handling while towing is made possible with:
- Intelligent 4WD System: Continuously monitors traction and road conditions to transfer torque to different wheels as needed.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: Relies on two gyroscopic sensors to monitor for wheelslip, understeer, oversteer, or roll motion.
- Curve Control: Senses if you’re going too fast or going into a curve and slows the vehicle down with throttle reduction and anti-lock braking.
- Torque Vectoring Control: Enhances traction by transferring torque to the wheels that have the most grip.
Additional Ford Escape Utility
The Ford Escape boasts utility beyond its towing capacity, too. With seating for up to 5 passengers and 40/60-split folding rear seats, you can customize the cabin to accommodate people and cargo as necessary. These specs combine with various storage options to enhance your organization and comfort on your drives around Forest Grove.
- 34 cubic feet for cargo as standard
- 68 cubic feet total for cargo
- 98.7 cubic feet total for passengers
Discover the Ford Escape at Dick's Mackenzie Ford!
Whether you’re from Tigard or elsewhere in the Hillsboro area, you’re going to want to come to Dick's Mackenzie Ford to pick out your Ford Escape and take advantage of its towing capabilities. Here, we’ll ensure that you get a great deal on a new Escape. Just get in touch to plan your visit! Don’t forget to check out the used Ford Escape inventory, too.
More from Dick's Mackenzie Ford
Unsure which Ford F-150 bed size will best accommodate your work, adventure, or daily driving demands? Larger beds allow Beaverton drivers to haul more gear, while smaller beds often come with larger cabins to seat more passengers. With the Ford F-150, there are three options from which to choose, so you’re sure to find one…
At Dick's Mackenzie Ford, we understand that Hillsboro drivers require ample room in the cabin of their vehicle for passengers and gear, yet sometimes prefer not to maneuver a full-size SUV to accomplish this. Driving around Beaverton behind the wheel of the new Ford Escape is easy due to its compact size, yet it certainly doesn’t skimp…
Beaverton drivers considering a three-row SUV will certainly be interested in the Ford Explorer seating, dimensions, and cargo space. With seating for up to seven people, a total of 152.7 cubic feet of passenger volume, and a maximum cargo volume of 87.8 cubic feet, the 2020 Explorer has the capacity to accommodate a wide range…